Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lent. Day 11.

“Whenever you fast, do not put on a gloomy face as the hypocrites do, for they neglect their appearance so that they will be noticed by men when they are fasting." -Matthew 6:16


On Ash Wednesday just a *few* days ago, we read this reading at Mass. I have been thinking about it a lot lately since then. I find that it comes to my mind often. I gave up being messy for lent, and added these reflections. It has been going well I would say.

This morning I had a delicious breakfast, homemade by Ben, meat-free. No, it's not Friday, but Ben gave up meat for Lent. We don't seem to have a lot of time together these days. He works like a crazy person, and I work irregular hours...but it has become a bit of a tradition for us to have breakfast (usually out, but today in) on Saturday mornings. I look forward to this time. It is soul-restoriative and it is often what sustains me, and us, each week.

Even though I didn't give up meat, it was nice to have a meal of veggies for breakfast. It didn't seem like much of a sacrifice. Which, all things considered is strange, since Friday's still seem to be challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment