Friday, March 9, 2012

Lent.

I have learned a lot about myself though this journey. About a month left until Easter and this continues to be a struggle.

One thing I have learned thus far is just how important people are to me. I look forward to the different people I see each day. I am, by nature, an introvert. I like my own space and time to regroup. BUT, the people I come into community with, into fellowship with, are priceless.

Tonight, I went for a ~3 mile run with Kelly and Julie. I have always been nervous to do that...they are pretty hardcore. I am certainly not a runner. It was good though. I didn't totally keep up, but I finished, and I would love to...become a runner!?

Then, we had delicious dinner. Delicious, meat-free dinner (it is Friday!), wine and homemade cinnamon rolls (thanks Kelly!) and it was absolutely the best night. We talked about relationships, Jesus, Mark Driscoll, and so much more. It was a wonderful evening, certainly an evening to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment