Monday, March 5, 2012

Lent. Day 13.

I dont' have a picture for today. It is almost 2 weeks into Lent and I need to pick this up again. Keep plugging away. Sometimes it is hard to think of things as the come, take a picture, and then remember to do something with the picture. I suppose it is not supposed to be easy. Last night, at high school youth group, I challenged my teens and their families that Lent is about leaning to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. Trying to find a new routine, or mix up the routine we have.


and so, that leads me to tonight. Today I am thankful for the other Catholic youth ministers in the area. Each month we have the opportunity to to get together. We spend time in community and support with each other, as well as collaboration on different events. I am very thankful to have such a community. Many people in ministry feel very isolated. It can be a rough gig because so many of us carry so much weight on our shoulders. I look forward to these meetings mainly for the support. It is oddly comforting to hear that people struggle with the same things at their parishes and feel the same strains and joys along the way.

My job is not without struggles, but it is the blessings, the people and ultimately Christ that keeps me coming back for me...and for that, I am grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment